*** Updated – 10/06/2010 ***
Maiden kicked off their Final Frontier World Tour last night in Dallas, Texas. The set, like almost all album tours Maiden have undertaken for the past 10 years is mostly comprised of new material. Off course they have thrown in two tours of just classic material….but they didn’t bring the last one, The Somewhere Back in Time Tour to Ireland and that was the one everyone wanted to see.
Now, like 2006, we’ll be forced to sit through a long set of pretty crappy rehashes of their former glory days in the hopes of being satisfied by the usual 5% cut of their classics. Obviously no-one’s got a gun to heads but come on!
Dallas, Texas – 09/06/2010
01. The Wicker Man (2000 – Brave New World)
02. The Ghost Of The Navigator (2000 – Brave New World)
03. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (2006 – A Matter of Life and Death)
04. El Dorado (2010 – The Final Frontier)
05. Paschendale (2003 – Dance of Death)
06. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg (2006 – A Matter of Life and Death)
07. These Colours Don’t Run (2006 – A Matter of Life and Death)
08. Blood Brothers (2000 – Brave New World)
09. Wildest Dreams (2003 – Dance of Death)
10. No More Lies (2003 – Dance of Death)
11. Brave New World (2000 – Brave New World)
12. Fear Of The Dark (1992)
13. Iron Maiden (1980)
14. The Number Of the Beast (1982)
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name (1982)
16. Running Free (1980)
*** Updated 10th June 2010***
I just realized I never updated this post after Ronnie James Dio’s passing last month. No replacement support act has been confirmed by MCD, Ticketmaster or Iron Maiden themselves. If anythings announced we’ll post it……although, filling Heaven & Hell’s shoes would be almost beyond impossible but just in case.
*** Updated 4th May 2010***
Unfortunately Ronnie James Dio hasn’t fully recorded yet so all summer appearances by Heaven & Hell have been cancelled. Iron Maiden is still go though.
Read More Here
Tickets There wishes Ronnie a speedy recovery. As a friend just said, ‘Dio can take as long as he likes’ and that’s for damn sure!! Don’t be rushing back too quickly Mr. Dio, we want to see the legend in his purest form.
*** Folks, it’s OFFICIAL***
Event has been posted on Ticketmaster.
Legendary British Heavy Metal giants Iron Maiden and Heaven & Hell are coming to Dublin…together!!!
This will mark Maidens first Irish show in four years after their last appearance in Dublin’s Point Theatre in 2006. Heaven & Hell…wow, Ronnie James Dio is coming back strong after health problems and Dublin will be bowing down to give the metal god his proper respect. Last year, Tickets There pushed for the legend to visit the emerald isle and it seems to have worked. Click Here to see 666 Reasons Why Dio Needs Dublin.
Details are below and we’ll update ye when the story fully breaks,
Plus Very Special Guests
HEAVEN AND HELL
Friday 30th July 2010
Adm: €59.80 incl b. fee
€65.70 incl b. fee X
Tickets go on sale Friday April 16th
Details found @ Metal Ireland.
09:05 – More details announced @Phantom FM
10:10 – Official Press Release @ MCD